Wednesday, February 28, 2018

2-27-2018  picnic at Ivy Creek Greenway

All the while we were on Maui, I kept seeing TV ads for Arby's Roast Beef!  It's been a long time since I had one.  I guess advertising does it's job!  I've been having cravings for them.  So Ken suggested we go to Arby's for lunch today.  I eagerly accepted.
Once we got our lunch, I suggested we have a picnic at the picnic area by our apartment complex overlooking Ivy Creek.  Ken agreed---so we had our first picnic there (in almost 2 years!). 
 In fact, it was Ken's first ever time even coming down to the greenway!  I love this area of the greenway and it's right by our apartment complex!


 There's even plenty of picnic tables here and a bar b q pit.  All the times I've been walking or biking on the greenway, I hardly ever see anyone using this area!  So we had our picnic in peace.
 I suggested Ken at least walk over the bridge right there.  It's a pretty amazing bridge.
 He did walk over the bridge, then went back to the car and drove back to our apartment.  I continued on the trail to see what I could find.
Found these interesting trees with the peeling bark.
 Lots of trees waiting to leaf out.
 I will miss this nice paved path when we move!
 Found this interesting tree that looked like it was wearing camouflage. 
 Another of the bridges along the trail
 it's a bit hilly on this side of the first bridge, but should be good exercise!
 Near the end of the trail is another overlook---no picnic tables, but nice big benches. 
 I found a tree with a lot of fungi on it.
 heading back to the apartments

 back over the bridge by our apartments.
 back to the picnic area we had our lunch at.  There's even a big covered pavilion to the right.  After a long walk, I would often sit there and cool off on hot summer days.
Even though I'm not going to miss the traffic and hustle and bustle of  the streets around here, I will miss this little area of nature.  Hopefully I'll find something like it near our new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment