Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Atlanta Aquarium

I love aquariums!  Not quite as much as actually being in the water with the fishies, but when you can't join them, I like to watch them.  This particular aquarium had an even greater reason for me wanting to see it----my daughter actually recently finished renovating the  penguin area!  That was her project while she was still working at PGAV in St. Louis.  And now they were moving to the area!  So I rode to their new home with her and later she took me on a tour of the Aquarium.  Ordinarily I probably wouldn't have gone.  I thought the admission price of the one in Maui was high---it was even higher here!  Plus they have about 10 different admission types!  Best way to check them out is to go click    here

Back to our trip here.  As part of her project, Angie also was in charge of the walkway from the garage to the entrance.  Ta da!!!!!!
 About to enter.
 would like to see some of these guys while snorkeling some day!
 Checking out Angie's work
 Looks like the residents are enjoying their new surroundings.

one of the employees there who remembered her working on the place.

 there's even a way to get up close to the little guys
 This penguin was a curious as I was about what this guy was doing!
 Angie and her friend
 Most of the attraction 
 heading to other areas of the aquarium.  It definitely is a nice place.
 they even have a walk through tank.
 fish I'm familiar with---see these guys while snorkeling a lot.
 haven't seen these guys, but  I have seen a few other sharks. 
 would like to see one of these guys, too---manta ray. 

 This guy would be cool to swim with, too---whale shark.  Since I know they eat plankton, I think I'd be safe around him.
 near the restaurant
 back to the tanks.  cute little eels.
 had a bad encounter with  one of these once. 
 The male bird nose wrasse---see lots of them around the waters of Kauai.
 I've seen the convict tang and the yellow tang in the wild, but not this blue surgeonfish.
 I  believe these are South American fish
 I think I would stay out of the waters there---too many piranhas

 Seen my share of these guys in Mo. and the Everglades---gar.
 an idea of how water magnifies what's in it.

 cute little guy
another eel.  Wonder if this is the kind Dad use to catch in the river behind his house in New Jersey many years ago?
 They even decorated the place for Christmas.
 another guy I've seen a lot of.
 Even seen a few of these guys in the Southern Caribbean waters.
 and these guys---grey triggerfish.  See lots of other colored ones in Hawaii.
 Even some fish have a long face.
 a little theatre in the aquarium
Certainly a great way to see what's in our oceans if you can't see it for yourself!  I still prefer to see it live.

No comments:

Post a Comment