Monday, January 8, 2018

1-8-18  finally!!!  Warmed up enough to take a walk on the Ivy Creek Greenway!

I've been seeing lots of pictures on Facebook of icy waterfalls in the N. Georgia mountains.  That got me wondering if the little waterfall by us on the Ivy Creek Greenway froze at all.  It's not suppose to get that cold here in the Atlanta area---so I've been told!
On my way to the Greenway, I decided to walk by the pool area.  I was surprised to see they put a cover---sort of---over the bar b q pits 
 and added a lot more loungers to the pool deck.


 Now if only the pool was heated so we could go swimming!
 From there I continued down to the greenway and up the trail to the old mill.  There was a little ice, but not a lot.  I was a little surprised there was any!
 more of the little falls by the mill
 Wonder how frozen it was at the coldest part of the cold spell?
 Looked like it was melting pretty fast today with the temps up to about 60.


 I don't like the cold, but I do like to see the waterfalls in different ways.  This is the first time I've seen them with ice.
 one last picture from above where the trail is.
 The creek farther down the way.
 It was really nice getting back on the greenway.  It's been awhile since I've been down there.  I don't like the cold!!!!  Really missing S. Florida now.  But I do have Maui to look forward to---for a month, in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment