Tuesday, July 4, 2017

7-4-17  walking West on the Ivy Creek Greenway by our apartment:

Decided to change it up today and went West on the Greenway.
This is the winding bridge right at the exit from our apartment complex. 
 an interesting fly on the rail of the bridge.  Surprised he let me get this close.


Saw a few of these on the East side, too.
 Don't remember seeing these on the East side. 
 This one reminded me of 4th of July fireworks----flower style.
 cute little purple flower.
 even the foliage is interesting!
 some cone flower like things.
 an ant enjoying this white flower
 More of the petunia looking things
 the "million dollar bridge" at the end of the paved trail.  I had planned to stop at the end of the paved trail and turn back, but I decided to continue on the dirt path
 Another interesting colorful mushroom by the dirt trail.
 and a white one.
 Heart shaped leaves!
 Almost to where the Greenway Connection is suppose to be.  Still couldn't find where that trail is!  I was here once before and couldn't find it then, either.
one of the well kept dirt trails on the West side of our apartment complex.
 more leaves.
 more mushrooms
 lichen?
 flowering clover?
 another mystery cool wild flower.
Didn't get quite as many miles in going this was, but I was still surprised that I got my 10,000 steps in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment