Monday, June 27, 2016

6-5-16  Ivy Creek Greenway and Tannery Ale House:

Been hitting the bike trail fairly regularly.  Stopping here and there to check out the sights along the trail.
This was by the Mill ruins again, but I went down to the bank to look around and take a couple pictures.
 not nearly as much water going over the wall as a few days before.
 Looking downstream from the falls.
 I forget what these are called but they're growing wild all over the place here in north Georgia.
 Another view of the trail near the falls.  It's nice that there are benches along the way, too.  There are usually fishermen above the falls---wonder what kind of fish they're catching?!
 This is a boardwalk off the dirt/sand/rock part of the trail.  Apparently someone made it and a little amphitheater as their Eagle Scout Project.
 I decided to try and lengthen my ride today.  I had read that you could go past the preserve and over a hill and reach the Suwanee Greenway.  So I decided to go up towards the Mill Creek Environmental Center and see if I could find another bike trail.  Along the way I found this historic old house.  Apparently a man from Germany stayed here and in lieu of paying rent, he did a lot of folk art painting inside and out. 
 love the old barn on the property, too.
 Continuing up the hill I came to the back side of the Environmental Center/museum.  Guess we should go there some day!  Then I continued on until the trail ended at a road.  Figured I'd look on google maps later and see if there's a way to get to the other trail, but that was enough for today.  I'm not use to the hills!  In Florida I didn't have to contend with them!!!
 For dinner, Ken and I decided to go into Old Town Buford and check out Tannery Row Ale House.  They use to make leather here, then shoes, then it sat empty.  Now it's an interesting restaurant.  They even show family movies in it on Mon. nights!
 After we ordered sandwiches, we found out they're known for their pizzas.  Guess we'll have to go back!
 As it was, my pulled pork dish was good.
Definitely a place we'll go back to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment