Saturday, July 7, 2018

7-7-18 unpacking----

Sure seemed like we had a lot of stuff.  But when I got it unpacked, we still have a lot of cabinets to fill!  Ken will have to fill the upper 2 shelves, though---I can't reach them.
 The hard part was deciding where to put my decorative pieces.

Since there's no shower curtain in the master bedroom, the 2nd bathroom is now my tropical one.  I love that shower curtain!
 I hate to say it, but the living room is already getting that lived in look!
 traded in the coral bedspread for the blue blanket now.
 and my desktop computer will be at home in the master bedroom. (one of the few things still at the kids' guest house)
Then I went and spent some time with Layla while the kids worked on their yard.  The bushes were in bad need of a trimming.  So Layla and I watched some of the World Cup soccer matches.
 Or should I say I did while Layla tried to get my phone.
 She's started doing a new thing this week.  She's learned she can make fart noises with her mouth.  And she does it quite well!
 She is such a funny little one!
 The kids even got her new crib mattress finally.  She does seem to like her new bed---now to get some crib sheets and try to get her moved into her new room and out of theirs.  I'm afraid she's grown pretty used to being able to wake up in the middle of the night and get Mom's attention!
Still pretty sore from all the moving yesterday, but glad we didn't pay $600 for someone else to do it.  Now if I could just sleep all night without waking up in pain from my hands in the early hours of the morning.  I'm afraid I have some carpal tunnel syndrome.  Have had bouts of it for a few years, but it usually only lasts a week or so.  Until then---I'll keep Ibuprofen in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment