Wednesday, July 4, 2018

7-4-18  4th of July!!!  Time to start packing and moving.


Fortunately we're only moving 2.5 miles away!  Not sure I would have been able to do it all in 1 day!  This is the look of an exhausted old lady!
 Eventually the TV will go here, but for now----scenes of the ocean!

 We filled the trailer with stuff we didn't need while we were staying in the kids' guest house, so we needed to get it to the house and unloaded before our big move day tomorrow.
 I was a little surprised how small the trailer looks in the garage.  That is a big garage!
 Some of the stuff from the trailer.  I'm also surprised how well the furniture fared in the trailer for the 2 months we stayed in the guest house.  With temps over 100 degrees, I was worried some of it might have gotten ruined.  But it all looks ok.
 a picture for Ken to show the clearance of the trailer.
 Angie brought over the patio set she picked up for us in Florida.  I didn't use it at all in Buford.  Even thought about selling it.  Glad I didn't now---I think it looks perfect here.  Especially after I got some cushions for the seats.
 When Ken and I were done, we headed up to Freddy's for lunch.  I really like this fast food burger joint.
 Maybe that's because they have a great sundae, too!
 Then we headed back to the kids' house.  Gonna miss seeing this little face every morning!
 I remember when she couldn't reach the toys above her play mat.
 Now she's turning over and grabbing everything
 We even celebrated with some pool time.  Even Ken managed to hobble in. 

 I think she has him wrapped around her little finger already!
 nap time
 Then time for our 4th of July bar b q feast.  Poor Layla just got to play with her toys.
 While we dined on chicken, sausages, gourmet  burgers, potato casserole, pasta salad , corn on the cob, fruit salad and bread.  It was delicious!
 No fireworks for us tonight.  We were too tired to head out and knew we had a busy day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment