Tuesday, December 26, 2017

12-26-17  Revocation period is OVER---Angie and Josh are officially Layla's guardians.   Now to get through until the official adoption happens in 4-6 months.
Can't wait to get back and meet her!!!

I took this off Angie's facebook page:

“For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.” 1 Samuel 1:27
On September 29, 2016 (our 9th anniversary) Josh and I signed a contract with an adoption agency here in Atlanta. After completing hours of education classes and loads of paperwork, we were officially home study approved on February 21. We prayed and prayed, and waited and waited. But last Sunday, God answered our prayers; a birth mother selected us to raise her baby girl! This past Thursday (ten months to the day after being home study approved) we welcomed little Layla Noelle into our hearts and home. As of 5pm today, the birth mother’s parental rights have been terminated, and we can begin working towards finalizing the adoption.
We are so thankful for everyone who has supported us through this journey to parenthood! It’s been a long time in the making (just over 9 years) but we are so elated to have Layla in our lives and we know this was God’s plan for us all along.
Did I mention we're head over heels?!         


No comments:

Post a Comment