Friday, September 1, 2017

8-31-17  photography presentation at Buford library:

I've been going to the GNPA monthly meetings, so when I saw that they were doing a "nature" presentation at the local library, I decided to go check it out.  From what I read, it was going to show photos of some national parks and discuss techniques. 
 The 2 guys doing the presentation had a bunch of their equipment out.  This photo also rendered itself as appropriate for my 7 day b and w challenge since photography is also a BIG part of my life!
I was a bit disappointed.  It was more a lesson on camera equipment and understanding aperture, shutter, and such---but nothing really specific about nature photography.  I guess I was expecting more info on specific settings for such things as eclipse photography, or settings for blurring water, or lapse photography, or ... .  I'll have to admit I knew everything they discussed.  But it got me out of the apartment for a couple hours and around people with similar interests.  That in itself made it worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment