Tuesday, August 22, 2017

8-22-17  To Lake Lure for 3 nights:


One of the many times I was looking on the Wyndham site trying to get my VIP discount for the girls and my trip or for Faith and her friends weekend to Lake Lure, I noticed some days available for this week.  So I went ahead and booked 3 nights and asked Ken if he wanted to go.  He didn't say yes, but he didn't say no, either.  So on the 22nd we took off for a mini vacation.
It was a nice day for a 3 hour ride.
Here is one of the lakes we passed along the way---I think it's Hartwell Lake on the Georgia/S. Carolina border.
 We shot up I-85 for quite awhile.


 Love seeing the mountains.
 getting closer!
 Reached Lake Lure about 4pm.  Just in time to check in to the Wyndham Fairfield Mountain resort.  When the girls and I were here, we were in a 1 bedroom suite.  This time Ken and I were in a 2 bedroom loft. 
 unit 2208
 It was certainly much bigger and nicer then the 1 bedroom suite!
 the unused 2nd bedroom---why didn't we have this when the girls and I came.
 the master bedroom.
 the small but adequate kitchen.
 Living room with the spiral stairs to the loft.  I did go up to see what was up there, but forgot to take a picture.  In the loft is a sofa sleeper, TV on a dresser, and table/4 chairs.
 living room from dining room.  Another sofa bed.
 dining room from living room.
 looking up towards the loft and towards the front door to the right. 

 I liked the high ceilings and sky lights.
 the 2nd bathroom.  I liked that it had 2 doors---one to the hallway and one into the 2nd bedroom. 
 Master bath with obnoxiously large 4 person jacuzzi tub.
 The check in building.
 The back of the Wyndham units from the main road into the area.
I really liked the design and roominess of the 2 bedroom loft.  But I was really upset the last night when we suddenly had large roaches (what they like to poo-poo as "just" Palmetto bugs) running all over the place.  Ken thinks it's because we had the dryer on to dry our swim suits and towels.   Regardless, I didn't like it.  We must have killed about dozen of them.  Only other time I've been somewhere with a similar problem was at Edisto, and they gave the same excuse of it's a tropical region and bugs live there.  I've been to many tropical areas without having that problem!  Will I stay there again?  Probably---probably with a can of bug spray!

No comments:

Post a Comment