Saturday, March 25, 2017

3-25-17  Since going and seeing all the daffodils at Gibbs Garden, I've been wanting to get up to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and see what's blooming there.  So when Angie asked if we wanted to go there with her and Josh today, I said YES!  Ken even agreed to go!  She also said there was a Cuban food truck that would be near the garden--- in Piedmont Park---and they wanted to go there for lunch.  Double Yes!!
 Spring has sprung!  Tulips were pretty much in full bloom.  They were so beautiful!  I like that they come in so many colors.
 Josh and his new friend.


 There were even some late blooming daffodils.

 Love that the city can be seen in the back ground.
 more beautiful tulips.
 hydrangeas?
 Even the guys seemed to enjoy the gardens.
 Ken and Josh leading the way.

 Josh found this little guy.  I swear I heard it saying, "Feed me!"
 Another view of the city.
 more colorful tulips.
 Did I mention they were HUGE?

 a fancy daffodil.
 I like that there's a full time orchid house here in Atlanta.  St. Louis just has them for about 3 months during the winter.  I also like that I always see different orchids here then in St. Louis.
 There are also a few tropical frogs in aquariums near the orchids.
 Some of them are quite toxic!
 Love the designs on these leaves.
 inside an orchid
 and they don't charge extra to see the orchids here like they do in St. Louis (unless you're a member).



 insect eating plants in with the orchids.


Only place I've seen these unique tiny "ghost" orchids. 
 love how these grow in the form of a ball.
 interesting colored leaves on this one.
 interesting shaped petals on this one.
 There were other flowers blooming there, too.
 and a lot more orchids.
 these orchids remind me of daffodils.
 more interesting leaves.
just outside one of the orchid rooms were a series of paintings.  I really like them!  I don't recall ever seeing a style of painting like this before.

 back outside and more tulips
 and a wall of herbs.
 rows of tulips.

 and a few flowering trees. 
 Love that leaves are beginning to pop out all over, too.  Although that means pollen is going to be ridiculous very soon!

 Heard this little guy singing in a bush so I had to find him. 
 near the cafe.

 I'm kind of surprised at how many daffodils were still blooming.
pretty pansies.
 magnolia?
 another flowering tree.
 and another
 and more pansies.
 Then we walk over the bridge and by this fountain.
 This gal is suppose to get covered with plants during the summer.  I don't think I've ever seen her when she's "blooming".
 Sure glad we came out here this weekend.  I can't imagine the tulips being any prettier and the weather was gorgeous!
 After a wonderful time in the Garden, we went down the block to the Sat. market in Piedmont Park for our Cuban lunch.
 There was quite a line here when we got there.  Good thing we didn't get there any later---they were selling out of stuff fast as we got to the front.  Ken had a chicken empanada and a beef pastelitos.  I got a cuban sandwich and a guava pastelitos. Lunch was great.
 Then we sat by the lake in the park and had a picnic.   Loved it!
Live music could be heard from the market---harmonica and guitar.  They sounded really good.
 Heading back to the car.
 love this stroller.
I'll have to admit---as much as I complain about the traffic in Atlanta, once you get downtown there are a lot of really neat places to go.  Just takes Angie and Josh to get us there!

No comments:

Post a Comment