Thursday, January 5, 2017

1-5-17  Cold and snowy !!!

Didn't know if we were going to be able to make our pre-arranged lunch date with some Illinois friends of ours because of the snow storm, but the roads were well treated and we made it.  Times like these are when I miss South Florida the most!!!

At least the snow was light and it didn't take us long to plow the driveway.  
 Just a few random pictures from the highway as we headed to O'Fallon, Illinois to meet up with our friends.


The foggy view of the Arch as we approached the city.
 The infamous Eades Bridge as seen from the new I-70 bridge just north of the city.
 View of the Arch (and the Federal Courthouse where Tim and Faith had worked before they moved to Knoxville) from the Illinois side of the river on our way back.
It was a nice visit.  Don't get to see them very often anymore.

That night, Ken's brother Bill called to see if we wanted to go to the Blue's Hockey game.  Fortunately I answered the phone because Ken would have told him we weren't interested.  I told him to put the tickets for will call in my name since I figured Ken wouldn't go.  Nice having a brother-in-law with a restaurant and connections to free stuff from his clients.  As I suspected, Ken wouldn't go.  So I spent the next hour calling "friends" to try and find someone who would go with me.  Finally found someone who wasn't afraid to go out in the cold.  We had a great time catching up on life and occasionally catching a glimpse of the game!
 We did park a few blocks away and in a small ground parking lot, so we actually made it out of the city pretty quickly after the game.  Nice being in a "small" city and not being stuck in traffic all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment